Monday, September 29, 2008

Off For Europe

It has been 22 years in the making, but my great return to Europe is about to happen. We leave tomorrow for two weeks. We fly on Virgin Atlantic from here to Heathrow, and then hop a British Airways flight to Amsterdam where we will stay for 5 days. We have about 200 things that we want to do there, but will probably narrow it down to seeing a few of the main museums, the medical museum as well as reconnecting with some friends. 

We will then take a train from Amsterdam to Paris. A four hour ride that should be lovely. We will then stay in Paris for a week. The first time I was in Paris, 22 years ago, I was alone and I thought then that it was ridiculous to be in this beautiful, romantic city all by myself. That situation will be corrected this time as I will be there with K******. 

To be honest, we are both nervous and still a little numb to the fact that we are actually going. But come tomorrow at 4:30, when we are settled into our Virgin Atlantic seats, it will start to become more real. 

So stay tuned as I will be posting updates on the trip for any and all to enjoy.

No comments: